Which type of Garden Shed would suit me best?
Wooden Garden Sheds
These are the classic type of garden shed we all know and love. Available in a range of sizes and styles from the conventional apex shed to contemporary pent roof buildings. These can be used for storage of bikes, gardening equipment, garden furniture, etc or simply used as a place to potter around and relax in. Depending on the timber treatment, wooden sheds will last for at least 10 years and even longer with regular preservative application.
Advantages of wooden sheds:
- A wooden garden shed will easily blend into your garden
- The natural timber will add rustic charm to your garden
- Timber sheds are not as noisy as metal in high winds and rain
- There is a more regulated temperature inside during summer than a metal shed
Metal Garden Sheds
These are a strong, durable, secure and long lasting option for your garden storage. Again, these are available in a variety of sizes, designs and are made from galvanised steel. You can use these for similar purposes as their wooden counterparts. Many of our metal garden sheds boast impressive 15 year warranties.
Advantages of metal sheds:
- Metal sheds are extremely secure
- The shed will be resistant to pest infestations and woodworm
- Metal sheds are fire resistant and are ideal for use in caravan parks
- Less maintenance is needed for a metal shed than a timber one
Plastic Garden Sheds
These are a great option for people who want a storage solution which is easy to assemble and low maintenance. Several are coated to prevent sunlight damage and have 15 year warranties.
Advantages of plastic sheds:
- Lightweight, so easy to build or relocate
- Will last longer than a wooden or metal shed
- Maintenance free